Friday, March 20, 2015

Bottling Your Own...


Although bottling can destroy much food value, it does provide substance and calories, as well as comfort.  Grape juice and apple juice are said to retain most of the food value when bottled.  I bottle because we have the produce on our property to do it.  If I would have to buy fresh things to bottle, I wouldn't do it, but would buy the items already canned.  I prefer to buy rather than grow and bottle green beans.

I bottle the following:

Apple Juice
Applesauce
Apricot Jelly
Blackberry Jam
Corn (occasionally, but prefer it frozen)
Elderberry Jelly and Juice
Grape Juice (White, Red and Dark)
Nectarine Jam
Peaches
Pears
Pickles
Salsa (both tomato, pear and peach)
Tomatoes
Zucchini-Tomato Mix
Anaheim Peppers
Pepper Jelly
Turkey/Chicken broth
Potatoes
Carrots




No comments:

Post a Comment